Calling all 19 – 25 year-old youth in the United Church!
Would you consider ministry in the United Church as your vocation?
Would you like to see what ministry is like up close?
Consider becoming an Explorer for the summer of 2017!
The Explorer Program of Toronto Conference of The United Church of Canada is an opportunity for youth to have an exciting experience of ministry in another part of Canada for three months.
An Explorer is:
- hosted by a United Church congregation in B.C., Saskatchewan, Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario, or Newfoundland and Labrador
- is mentored by a United Church minister or other designated person in the local congregation where they are hosted
- is given opportunities to use the gifts that they have to work in the congregation with the minister
- provided with accommodation by the host congregation and a $1,500 honorarium/month
What are the criteria for applying?
A potential Explorer is:
- between 19 – 25 years old
- actively involved in giving leadership in their congregation in Toronto Conference
- willing to travel to another part of Canada from approximately May 1 – July 31, 2017
- considering UCC ministry as a vocation (there are no obligations after the program is completed)
Application deadline: November 27, 2016
Program Brochure (1 page PDF) Explorer 2017 flyer
Program Description (1 page PDF) The Explorer Project Description 2017
Download Participant Application (3 pages Microsoft Word) Toronto Conference Explorer Participant Application Form
For more information please contact Dale Hildebrand, Conference Personnel Minister using the form below.
The Explorer Program is a project of Toronto Conference of The United Church of Canada.